A Note from the Zoning Inspector
Please be advised that if you intend to do any type of building, a zoning compliance permit must be issued by the Lodi Township Zoning Inspector prior to getting a building permit from Washtenaw County. Please contact Bill Lindemann at 734-320-4421 (cell).
Over the counter building permits In an effort to provide excellent customer service, Washtenaw County Building Inspection has established same-day over the counter building plan review and permit issuance for minor projects. Stop in their office on any Thursday with all the appropriate paperwork. Permits will be issued on a first come, first served basis. Your patience is appreciated. NO commercial properties will be included in this service.
1. This service is available Thursdays only from 8:00a.m. - 11:30a.m. and 1:00p.m. – 3:30p.m. at the Zeeb Road Washtenaw Service Center location. Applications received after 3:30p.m. may not be ready to issue until the following morning. If it is more convenient Washtenaw County can mail out permit, if check is left at time of application.
2. "Minor projects" include: decks, detached garages, pole barns, small additions, pools and sheds.
3. If the project is a pool, Pole Barn, Detached Garage, Small Additions and are on Well/Septic a Environmental Health approval (and possibly Soil Erosion approval) may be required. If so, these must be obtained prior to your application to the Building Inspection Program.
4. Approval from your Township Zoning Official (Bill Lindemann, 320-4421) and possibly Soil Erosion must be done ahead of time.
5. Fees must be paid at the time of issuance.
6. Plan submittal information sheet is available. Please read it carefully. buildinginspection.ewashtenaw.org
7. If paperwork is incomplete for any reason, the application will not be accepted.